Sunday, February 20, 2005

Saturday Ride

The roads were dry enough to get outside to ride this on Saturday. I went for a ride on my mountain bike for 15 miles. I must give some props to my new winter gloves. Potenza Inferno winter gloves, while not being Dante’s vision of the Inferno, they were rather warm. The temperature was 25 degrees with a 10 mph wind. Not the coldest riding conditions, but still a good test for winter gloves. After riding for a little over an hour my hands stayed toasty warm. The gloves a not big and bulky like most winter gloves. The outside is a fabric similar to Pearl Izumi AmFib. The only complaint I have would be the cuff since it is not real tight and some cold air can get in. I guess the Italians can make a decent cycling glove after all.

I am going to ride the trainer this evening since I do not have time to ride before it gets dark. The Daytona 500 is on now so I will post more comments later.

Why did I take up racing? I was too lazy to work and too chicken to steal--Kyle Petty

No comments: