Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Poop in my shorts

Got a ride in with roguemechanic and Potenza on Saturday morning. The details of the ride are below time was just under 3 hours. Came very close to crashing on the down hill section of Hines Hill Road bombing down the hill around 40. I don’t ride with a computer so not sure of exact speed however the road is a 20% grade. I was trying to make a left turn, but the bike just wanted to go straight. I was headed straight for the ditch with all rocks when my back wheel slid-out. With my quick cat-like reflexes unclipped my left foot while getting ready to lay it down. Somehow not sure if it was just luck or skill I managed to regained control of the bike and got it to turn with less than a foot of asphalt before the ditch. After that close call I had to stop and clean the pile of poop I left in my shorts :)

No comments: